Invisalign® offers several advantages over other alignment methods. It provides a more discreet appearance, as the aligners are virtually invisible. Additionally, Invisalign® aligners are removable, allowing for easier oral hygiene maintenance and the freedom to enjoy food without restrictions.
Invisalign® has been in use since 1998, offering a less invasive and more convenient option to straighten teeth by using a series of clear plastic tray aligners. It is a popular alternative for adult and teen patients who are self-conscious about committing to metal braces or require more flexibility in their orthodontic treatment.
We use Invisalign® to address a variety of orthodontic concerns, including:
How Invisalign® Works
Invisalign utilizes a series of clear, custom-made aligners that are virtually invisible, allowing for discreet treatment. The aligners are crafted based on advanced digital imaging captured by your orthodontist in Gainesville, VA, ensuring a precise fit and effective movement of the teeth. You will receive a new set of aligners, each slightly different, every few weeks to gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. Invisalign aligners are made from a patented thermoplastic material called SmartTrack, specifically engineered for the Invisalign system to ensure a comfortable, flexible fit and effective teeth movement. For patients with more severe misalignments, tooth-colored bumps called “attachments” may be required for more controlled tooth movement.
What to Expect
Using 3D scanning technology, we take a highly accurate digital impression of your mouth. Your Gainesville orthodontist will use the impressions to map out a treatment plan and give you a preview of your potential results. Your aligner trays will be crafted by our lab to ensure a custom-fit and precision treatment. You’ll need to come into Trü Orthodontics for a check-up every few weeks so we can make sure your treatment is going according to plan.
Trusted Providers of Invisalign® in Gainesville
We make it easy for anyone in the Northern Virginia area to obtain the friendly, positive orthodontic care they deserve with 5 board-certified orthodontists and 4 conveniently located practices throughout the area.
Our patients receive advanced 3D scanning instead of old-fashioned mold-taking to ensure a flawless fit for your custom Invisalign® aligners.
Building Real Relationships
When you choose Trü Orthodontics, your family gets a lifetime partner along your smile journeys. We educate our patients from the ground up and take the time to know you and your preferences.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of Invisalign in Gainesville can range from $3500 to $7500 depending on the length of the treatment and complexity of the patients’ orthodontic case. It’s important to note that this estimate does not include insurance coverage, which can help reduce the out-of-pocket cost. Review our Payments & Insurance information to learn about the cost of managing your orthodontic care!
Invisalign can help achieve long-lasting results, but it is important to note that teeth can still undergo minor shifting over time. Wearing retainers as directed by your orthodontist is crucial in preventing any significant relapse and ensuring the longevity of the results. By following the recommended retention plan and practicing good oral hygiene, you can help maximize the permanence of your Invisalign results.
We offer a wide range of financing options to accommodate both insured and uninsured patients. These options include discounts for those without insurance, monthly promotions, and extended payment plans through our trusted third-party agency, Cherry. We strive to provide flexible and accessible payment solutions to make orthodontic treatment more affordable for everyone.
Not every patient with Invisalign® will need attachments. The use of attachments depends on the specific needs of your orthodontic treatment plan. Attachments are typically used for more complex tooth movements, so if your alignment issues are mild you may not require them. The decision to use attachments is made by your orthodontist based on your customized treatment plan.
To clean your Invisalign aligners, follow these steps:
- Rinse Regularly: Each time you remove your aligners, rinse them with cool or lukewarm water to remove saliva and plaque. Avoid using hot water, as it can warp the plastic.
- Brush and Soak: Gently brush the aligners with a soft-bristled toothbrush and clear, unscented soap or a mild detergent. Avoid using toothpaste, as it can be abrasive and cause the aligners to become dull and less invisible. You can also soak your aligners in a denture cleaner or Invisalign cleaning crystals for deep cleaning.
- Brush Your Teeth: Before reinserting your aligners, make sure to brush and floss your teeth to maintain oral hygiene and prevent trapping food particles and bacteria between your teeth and the aligners.
- Avoid Colored Foods and Beverages: To prevent staining, avoid eating or drinking anything other than water while wearing your aligners. If you consume colored beverages or foods, remove your aligners and brush your teeth before putting them back in.
- Regularly Clean Your Case: Clean your aligner case regularly to keep it hygienic and free from harmful bacteria.
While Invisalign is suitable for virtually every patient, there are some criteria that give you a chance to achieve better results:
- Mild to Moderate Dental Issues: Invisalign is most effective for treating mild to moderate dental misalignments such as crowding, gaps, overbites, underbites, and crossbites. It may not be suitable for more severe or complex orthodontic issues.
- Adults and Older Teenagers: Invisalign is popular among adults and teenagers whose teeth have fully erupted, including their second molars. Younger patients may not be ideal candidates as their teeth and jaws are still developing. Children may benefit more from interceptive orthodontics.
- Commitment to Treatment: Successful Invisalign treatment requires a commitment to wearing the aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day. Candidates must be disciplined enough to keep the aligners in for the necessary amount of time.
- Good Oral Hygiene: Maintaining good oral hygiene is crucial during Invisalign treatment. Candidates should be willing to brush and floss regularly to prevent tooth decay or gum disease.
- Non-Smokers: Smoking can stain the aligners and potentially affect the treatment process. Non-smokers or those willing to quit smoking during treatment are better candidates.
- No Major Dental Work Required: Patients needing major dental work such as bridges may find that Invisalign is incompatible with their needs.
Ultimately, the decision for Invisalign treatment should be made in consultation with an orthodontist, who can assess individual cases and determine the most appropriate treatment plan.